Master leadership and decision making best practices of Fortune 500 firms taught by globally-renowned expert
☑ Master the best practices in leadership and decision making used by Fortune 500 firms to seize competitive advantage
☑ Feel truly confident about whether you made the right call in your decision making as a leader
☑ Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by leaders at Fortune 500 companies for decision making
☑ Free yourself of constant ruminations, numerous grey zones, and mental blindspots that plague typical leaders in decision making
☑ Discover the dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases that lead to disasters & how Fortune 500 firms defeat them via science-methods
Your leadership and decision making will determine whether you thrive in our increasingly-disrupted future.
Yet traditional advice to “go with your gut” in leadership and decision making so often leads to disasters, as revealed by research in behavioral economics, psychology, and cognitive neuroscience. So how do the leaders of Fortune 500 companies make the right calls on even the toughest decisions and strategies?
They recognize that behavioral science has revealed that our typical approach to leadership and decision making suffers from systematic dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases. These mental blindspots often lead us into decision and strategic disasters. Fortunately, recent scholarship has revealed effective yet counterintuitive strategies to enable you to defeat these cognitive biases. In this course, you will learn about and address these dangerous judgment errors, while mastering techniques for leadership and decision making drawing on cutting-edge behavioral science and real-world best practices from Fortune 500 companies.
After taking this course, you will:
· Master the best practices in leadership and decision making used by Fortune 500 firms to seize competitive advantage
· Feel truly confident about whether you made the right call in your decision making as a leader
· Develop a plan with specific next steps to adapt for yourself the methods used by leaders at Fortune 500 companies for decision making
· Free yourself of constant ruminations, numerous grey zones, and mental blindspots that plague typical leaders in decision making
· Discover the dangerous judgment errors called cognitive biases that lead to disasters & how Fortune 500 firms defeat them via science-methods
Sounds too good to be true? These methods were successfully used by Aflac, Applied Materials, Entergy, Honda, IBM, Reckitt, Wells Fargo, and Xerox to dramatically improve the skills of their top executives, senior VPs, middle managers, and lower-level supervisors in leadership and decision making. Over the last two decades, I trained the leaders at these Fortune 500 companies, as well as at numerous middle-market companies and quickly-growing startups as the CEO of the boutique future-proofing consultancy Disaster Avoidance Experts. The secrets used by these companies will be revealed in this course.
Here’s a recent testimonial from John Elnitsky, the head of the nuclear division of Entergy, a company ranked #299 by Fortune, speaking about the impact of my training on the leaders of the nuclear industry:
· “We at Entergy hired Dr. Gleb as the opening keynote speaker to set the tone for the annual nuclear utility industry conference, hoping he would give a wake-up call about the threats and risks facing us and what steps we can take to prepare. Well, what he delivered exceeded our expectations. His keynote was the talk of the conference, widely described by attendees as giving the nuclear industry ‘the kick in the pants we needed to jump-start critically important initiatives to address the threats he outlined.’ Thank you Dr. Gleb!”
Here’s a recent testimonial from Harish Phadke, the Business Manager for the head of the North American Health division at Reckitt, a company ranked #326 by Fortune, about the impact of my training on the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team:
· “Dr. Gleb Tsipursky provided a truly outstanding virtual training on unconscious bias and future-proofing via emotional and social intelligence for the Reckitt North American Health Leadership Team. Exceeding our expectations, Dr Gleb customized his groundbreaking, behavioral science-driven training content to integrate our initiatives, policies, and case studies at Reckitt, expertly targeting our evolving needs. We are delighted to have met Dr. Gleb, and look forward to future opportunities to keep working with him on a training series for the organization. I highly recommend him for anyone who wants to get a rapid grasp of highly relevant topics which influence human behavior in the prevailing challenging times.”
Besides such real-world, pragmatic expertise, I have a strong academic background as a behavioral scientist studying decision making, leadership, and related fields. I spent 8 years at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, first getting a PhD in the History of Behavioral Science and then serving as a lecturer there. Then, I spent 7 years as a professor at the Ohio State University, where I published dozens of peer-reviewed articles on this topic in high-quality academic journals such as Behavior and Social Issues and Journal of Social and Political Psychology. Thus, this course is thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research.
This combination of business and science led to my expertise gaining global recognition. I published over 550 articles and gave over 450 interviews for prominent venues, such as Fortune, USA Today, CNBC, Fast Company, CBS News, Business Insider, Inc. Magazine, and Time.
My expertise is also featured in my 7 best-selling books, including global best-sellers Never Go With Your Gut: How Pioneering Leaders Make the Best Decisions and Avoid Business Disasters (Career Press, 2019) and The Blindspots Between Us: How to Overcome Unconscious Cognitive Bias and Build Better Relationships (New Harbinger, 2020). Further attesting to my global renown, my work was translated into Chinese, German, Russian, Korean, Polish, and other languages.
That’s what you can expect in this course: methods used successfully at even the biggest companies to seize competitive advantage, thoroughly informed by cutting-edge research, and featured in top media venues and best-selling books around the globe. The course features 8 sections with videos, articles, and assignments from the course materials textbook packet, delivered in the following order:
1) Take the “Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace,” to help you learn about which decision making cognitive biases are most problematic for you as a leader and your team
2) Discover the structure of our minds and why typical advice on leadership and decision making, such as “go with your gut,” so often results in disasters, and how to use science-based methods and Fortune 500 best practices to get the best outcomes
3) Master a leadership technique for making quick and effective decisions on any choices where you just need a “good enough” answer
4) Master a leadership technique for making major decisions where you or your team wants the best answer possible, rather than settling for “good enough”
5) Master a leadership technique for complex decision making with a number of different options that each have certain strengths and weaknesses
6) Master a leadership technique for avoiding failures and maximizing success when implementing major and/or complex decisions and strategies
7) Master a leadership technique for future-proofing your strategic decision making and strategic planning
8) Tying these all together, the last module will help you develop the mental habits necessary to notice and address cognitive biases and recognize when and how you should deploy all the techniques you’ve learned earlier
So why should you take my course rather than someone else’s Udemy course? Simply because this course provides unparalleled value. No one else on Udemy comes even close to my level of credibility in the course topic:
· As a trainer for Fortune 500 companies
· As a behavioral scientist
· As a best-selling author
· As a globally-renowned thought leader
If you want the best, take this course.
I look forward to welcoming you into the world of evidence-based, science-driven techniques tested in the real world of many Fortune 500 companies and numerous middle-market companies and startups. To ensure that you master the secrets of Fortune 500 companies to help yourself seize competitive advantage in leadership and decision making, register now!
Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace
Video: Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace
Article: Assessment on Dangerous Judgment Errors in the Workplace
Wise Decision Maker Manifesto
Video: Wise Decision Maker Manifesto
Article: Wise Decision Maker Manifesto
How Leaders Make the Best Quick Decisions
Article: How Leaders Make the Best Quick Decisions
Video: How Leaders Make the Best Quick Decisions
How Leaders Make the Best Major Decisions
Video: How Leaders Make the Best Major Decisions
Article: How Leaders Make the Best Major Decisions