Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Financial Analysis Made Easy
What you will learn
Understand the basics of financial concepts
Know financial reporting standards and regulators
Analyze items on financial statements
Conduct variance analyses of companies
By the end of this course, you will not only understand how to read and analyze the three types of financial statements, but you will know the applications of this beyond work and school. The purpose of this course is to acquit you with knowledge that can prepare you for the many instances in which you will require an understanding of finance and financial statements.
Finance is an industry you will undoubtedly come across, and this course is designed to prepare you for that. I made this course because I believe in the art of simplification. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when creating.
The learning objectives of the course are as follow:
- Understand the purposes and types of financial statements
- Navigate SEC’s EDGAR database and learn about the 8k, 10q, and 10k
- Define the purposes of the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and the International Financial Reporting Standards and identify their role in finance and accounting
- Identify the types of line items on the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow statement
- Explain the financial metrics and ratios used to gauge the financial position of a company
- Conduct and follow variance analyses of companies using Excel