Tamil Vowels, Consonants & Alphabet – Writing & Pronounciation
What you will learn
Learning words alone will not make you a good speaker, you also need to know how to structure words to communicate what you need. This course provides you with a systematic approach to learning our beautiful language Tamil தமிழ்.
Tamil is one of the oldest languages in the world. It is a principal language in the Dravidian language family. Tamil is a classical language with an unbroken literary tradition. Today, there are more than 64 million people speaking Tamil across the world.
The very first step is to learn the sounds and how to mix the sounds. Sounds in Tamil are connected to nature, you can get a divine feeling by listening to Tamil words. Tamil songs are one of the best ways to feel the language. In this course, you will get various materials to listen to the sounds in Tamil.
Syllabus of this course
- Tamil Alphabet & Pronunciation
– Vowels: I have provided the sounds of vowels and it is easy for you to understand as I have connected them to the known sounds in English. Also, I have provided an easy way to write letters.
– Consonants: I have provided all 18 consonants in Tamil along with the writing methods.
– Alphabet: complete alphabet is provided along with the way to create your own. I have kept my approach as logical for students to understand the commonalities and differences.
- Rules of Euphony (under development)
– The sounds of the Tamil Alphabet
– Vowels with vowels
– Vowels with consonants
– Consonants with vowels
– Consonants with consonants
This course is not another Tamil language course. Wish you all the best!