What you will learn
☑ All the basic concepts of semiconductors
☑ Semiconductors will help them to understand how electronic devices like diodes, transistors, etc work
☑ Concept of Energy, Valence and Conduction band diagrams
☑ Understand the internal structure of diodes
☑ Intrinsic and extrinsic semiconductors
Before starting the course I expect that you should have at least a basic idea about chemistry and some knowledge about conductors.
In this course, you will learn all the things about semiconductors from scratch. Below I had listed certain topics this would be our roadmap. There would also be certain topics that I’m not giving in this particular roadmap but its concept would be required to proceed further. So I had also explained that part.
- Introduction to semiconductors
- Difference between conductors, semiconductors, and an insulators
- Energy band diagram for sodium and silicon atoms
- Valence band and Conduction band diagram for sodium and silicon atoms
- Forbidden Energy Gap
- Intrinsic and Extrinsic Semiconductors
- Internal structure or internal working of the p-n junction diode
So this was all about the course.
@ Outcome of the course:-
- As you all know that I’m making series on electronics, this is a course-2 and this course is a prerequisite to the next course where we will be dealing with diode circuits, Bjt and Fet’s circuits, etc. So to understand the core electronics part or how any electronic device behaves, you should be very much well acquainted with the part of the semiconductor.
- For those who want to perceive their future in the VLSI domain, this course is purely meant for them.
- And there are many more advantages which I’m not revealing here, you yourself will get to know what knowledge you have acquired after completing this course.
Introduction to semiconductors
Semiconductors, Conductors and Insulators
Difference between Conductors, Insulators and an Insulators w.r.t conductivity
Energy band diagram for single atom placed in a crystal
Concept of shell and sub-shells in an atom
Energy Band diagram of ‘N’ Sodium atoms present in the sodium crystal
Concept of Valence Band & Conduction Band
Brief introduction to valence and conduction band of sodium atom