Master Google Analytics 4 to drive value for your digital products
What you will learn
☑ Why Google Analytics 4 is a game changer for both small business and individual digital product owners
☑ Full understanding of how to Use Google Analytics 4
☑ How to Run Reports and use advanced feature of Google Analytics
☑ How to prepare an upgrade plan from Universal Analytics to GA4
☑ Use GA4 to provide insight into and make key data-driven decisions
Google Analytics has been around for over 15 years, and in that time it’s helped small businesses and enterprises alike derive value from data that’s generated with web traffic. But with the release of Google Analytics 4 (GA4), the way of analyzing your data has changed significantly, with updates to everything from the user interface and data models to capabilities and implementation.
And users can now leverage enterprise features that were previously only available in Google Analytics 360: for example, BigQuery integration, funnels, and unsampled data are now available to everyone at no cost. Long story short, you need a whole new approach.
Join expert Joe Holbrook to dive into Google Analytics 4. You’ll learn how to set up GA4 to provide comprehensive and actionable insights—and discover tips and tricks that will help you articulate your goals, increase conversions, and use your digital products to improve your business. Focusing on the reporting sections within GA4 that have the greatest impact on digital products, you’ll find out how to get to the relevant data, analyze it, and even export it outside GA4 to investigate further with BigQuery.
And if you’re interested in taking the Google Analytics exam, you’ll also get a concise reference guide and practice questions to help you prepare.
What you’ll learn and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- Why Google Analytics 4 is a game changer for both small business and individual digital product owners
- How to prepare an upgrade plan from Universal Analytics to GA4
- How to use GA4 with BigQuery and other tools to derive value immediately
- How to develop an implementation plan for dual-tagging or migrating your existing Google Analytics properties
And you’ll be able to:
- Use GA4 to provide insight into and make key data-driven decisions
- Install and set up GA4 to collect actionable data
- Upgrade from Universal Analytics to GA4
- Document insights and make data-driven decisions to grow
- Track the success of your marketing campaigns with tagging
This live event is for you because…
- You’re a digital product owner, marketing manager, business owner, entrepreneur, or product manager who wants to maximize the performance of your digital products.
- You want to master the fundamentals of Google Analytics 4 to obtain insights that can drive your business decisions to a new level.
- A basic understanding of Google Chrome (e.g., installing extensions)
- A website, blog, or mobile application that has GA4 installed (useful but not required)
- Follow and explore Understanding Google Analytics: From Beginner to Advanced in One Day (learning path)
The timeframes are only estimates and may vary according to how the class is progressing.
Fundamentals of Google Analytics 4 (
- Presentation: Google Analytics 4 overview; comparing Universal Analytics to GA4; Google Analytics terminology; why GA4 is now the future of Google Analytics; what has changed; unified web and app reporting
- Hands-on demos: Walk through the GA4 console; install and set up GA4 on a live site
Advanced topics with Google Analytics 4
- Presentation: Google Analytics properties; the GA4 data model; upgrading from Universal Analytics to GA4; campaigns and engagement; Google Analytics certification options; next steps
- Hands-on demos: Set up GA4 properties; explore the report analysis process—acquisition, behavior, conversions; use Google BigQuery raw data integration with GA4
Section 1 – Course Introduction
Segment 1 Fundamentals of Google Analytics 4
Section One Overview
What is a Digital Product
What is the Google Marketing Platform
Google Analytics Overview
What is Google Analytics 4?
Whiteboard Discussion- How Does GA Work?
Comparing to GA3 to GA4
Whiteboard – Comparing Data Models
Demo – Google Analytics
Admin Panel Changes
Demo -Admin Panel Changes
Demo – Tag Manager
Segment 2 Advanced Topics with Google Analytics
Segment 2 Oveview
Running Parallels GA Deployments
Whiteboard Discussion -Parallel Deployment
Demo Console Parallel Deployment
Demo – Live Install of GA4 / WordPress
Understand Reporting Options, Analyze Reports.
Hands on Demo – Exploring Reports
Hands on Demo – Set up GA4 Custom Events
Hands on Demo – Conversions, Audiences, DebugView
Hands on Demo – Advertising
Hands on Demo – Explorations/Insights
Hands on Demo – Lifecycle and Users
Google Big Query Connection Linking
Demo – BigQuery Data Linking
Demo – Google Ads Connections
Demo – Google Signals