Get into Web Development with solid understanding of Angular Basics and build awesome, reactive web applications
☑ Develop modern, complex, responsive and scalable web applications with Angular
☑ Fully understand the architecture behind an Angular application and how to use it
☑ Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
☑ Build real Angular applications
Angular is advantageous from both business and development standpoints. It’s one of those frameworks that can work productively with various back-end languages as well as combine business logic and UI. Let’s take a close look at the business and technical strengths of Angular and see how they are related.
What entrepreneurs expect from Angular is a robust, cost-efficient front-end part of the product that will let them win large audiences and make money. That expectations come true because the framework has it all.
1. Effective Cross-Platform Development
Besides providing cost-friendly Angular progressive web app solutions that can run across mobile platforms, the framework is widely used in native-like mobile applications. More and more companies look to building cross-platform solutions with Angular because they are good at imitating real native apps. Earlier, front-end developers used the Ionic + Angular formula for cross-platform development. Now, the most popular formula is Angular + NativeScript.
By using Angular with TypeScript capabilities such as services, dependency injection, and routing, a developer can create a native-like UI. With NativeScript, a programmer has access to native APIs. As a result, you get an app that runs on both iOS and Android. Still, if you need to create both web and mobile apps, those would be two different projects.
2. High Quality of the Application
Angular is a complex platform that’s difficult to learn, so it requires proper qualifications from a developer. Numerous structural elements that include Injectors, Components, Directives, Pipes, Services, etc. might be challenging for beginning developers to learn. However, they are a big plus for the product success because you can create anything you can think of with a comprehensive set of built-in features in Angular.
3. Improved Speed and Performance
The diversity of Angular capabilities, for instance, template syntax, Angular CLI, routers, etc. make programmer’s work easier and enable quick loading of the application. The framework is compatible with various types of back-end programming languages to display gathered data in the UI efficiently.
4. Faster Development Process
The Angular framework allows a developer to build Angular web apps faster and make them highly efficient due to the technical advantages offered by the framework. Below you can see the list of factors assisting programmers in faster development with Angular.
- Detailed Documentation. Angular developers took care of making Angular approachable and easy to learn. They provided carefully written documentation and endowed it with great code examples for clarity, so that a developer could easily find a way out of any issue while building an application.
- Angular CLI. The Angular command-line interface makes the developer’s job easier because it offers a set of helpful tools for coding. Besides its powerful built-in features that we are about to uncover further, Angular CLI can be extended with third-party libraries to solve unusual and complicated software issues.
- Two-Way Data Binding. Two-way data binding is the time-saving feature that automates some processes of code generation. In AngularJS, within a Model-View-Controller architecture, if a developer changes something in model, the view matching to that model changes as well and vice versa. In brief, when app data is modified, the UI changes as well.
- Differential Loading. The newest versions of Angular allow creating two kinds of bundles – the tools that contain code and the resources required for efficient programming. To make the app browser-compatible, one bundle is used for modern browsers that support ES2015+ and another one for older browsers that support ES5 JS version. With differential loading, browsers can load less code and polyfills, which makes the app more productive.
- Google Support. Google created Angular to use it internally for its official websites and solve problems in Google’s internal systems. Angular updates every 6 months offering small changes for each new version and gradual, yet confident and continuous evolvement of the framework.
- Large Developer Community. Angular is widely popular among developers throughout the world. Since the very first set of AngularJS, there has always been a powerful community around the framework. Angular specialists constantly contribute to the framework, share programming experience, discuss specific issues, and find ways to solve problems together.
5. Readable and Testable Code
What makes Angular code logical, consistent, and easy to follow for a front-end specialist is its structural elements, namely:
- Modules. Angular modularity is associated with the structure of the framework, which includes modules, components, directives, pipes, and services. The division of the framework’s structure into modules and components makes your application perfect for unit-testing. Each code unit is tested separately throughout the development process, which allows taking meticulous control of the quality.
- Components. With AngularJS, it is possible to write applications with the traditional MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) and MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture, which improve code reusability. The flexibility of the framework caused the MVW (Model-View-Whatever) acronym to appear because you can build anything with a model-view pattern. The newer versions are characterized by a component-based structure in which all elements are independent of each other. Whereas the MVC pattern breaks down the structure into different levels of the application, components include the features in a single class. Thus, whatever component a developer creates, the overall structure is preserved, which contributes to code consistency.
6. More Lightweight Web Applications
In older versions of the framework, there was a popular issue reported by the developer community about too large bundle size that impedes the fast loading of applications. The Angular creators confront this issue in newer versions with the following improvements:
- Lazy-Load Modules. Modules are logical elements that divide business components. Large apps written in Angular can use lazy-load modules to display various app components based on where a user is in the application. This feature helps improve the performance of such apps by reducing the size of the initially-loaded application.
- Ivy Renderer. A renderer is an engine that takes the instructions written by a developer and translates them for DOM – a web page interface that helps control page content, structure, and styles. The Ivy renderer allows making smaller bundles to speed up the application.
7. Efficient Problem-Solving Patterns
Angular offers powerful DI (dependency injection) instrument and services to resolve various productivity issues and speed up the development process:
- Dependency Injection. DI is a design pattern that makes it possible to improve the modularity and efficiency of an application. It’s a way to create objects that depend on other objects. With dependency injection, Angular makes it possible to delegate some server-side services to the client-side part.
- Angular Services. Angular components aren’t supposed to capture and save data; they focus on representing and giving access to this data to services. Angular Services help combine business logic and app UI as well as make the code cleaner. A programmer can import a service just once in the code and then use it wherever they need it again. As a result, a specialist works faster because less code is needed.
8. Excellent Material Design Library
Angular Material is a library that allows implementing Material Design elements. Material Design is a design system made by Google to enable creating highly responsive and productive user interfaces. Programmers choose Angular Material because once they learned it, it gets easier and faster to incorporate Angular design elements in further projects.
Create A Blogging Application Using Angular
Initializing Angular Project
Creating Top bar Component
Installing Angular Material
Template of Home Page
Template of Create Blog Page
Ng Model in Create Blog
Create Blog Service
Home Page Template Binding
Creating View Blog Component
Template Binding of View Blog Component
Adding Comment Logic
Download the code files